Lead Tile and Athyrium Yokoscense，鉛瓦と蛇の寝御座(2012.12.25)
It is well known that Athyrium yokoscense(Fr. et Sav.) Christ is a widely distributed fern growing on everywhere in Japan aside from alpine and subalpine forest zone.
In ancient times, speculators utilized this species as an indicator plant in order to discover a metal mine, as was the case with famous Ikuno Silver Mine in Hyogo Prefecture.
The dense population of the fern in the area of Ishikawa Gate of Kanazawa Castle is an anomalous vegetation always found in the vicinity of a metal mine district.
This pure community of the fern indicates the lead tiles pollution resulting from their dissolution caused by acid rain. In front of the Gate, visitors can see the gragarious fern, Athyrium Yokoscense, growing on the lead polluted areas as the drain , also among stone walls.
Athyrium Yokoscense （蛇の寝御座）
(Reference) Lead Tile of Ishikawa Gate of Kanazawa Castle and Fern, Athyrium Yokoscense, 金沢城石川門の鉛瓦とシダ植物ヘビノネゴザ（蛇の寝御座）: http://kanazawa-sakurada.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/12/post-03f2.html.
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2016.1.1)(2016.01.01)
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2015.1.1)(2015.01.01)
- Snow hanging in Kenrokuen Garden， 兼六園の雪吊り(2013.1.4)(2013.01.04)
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2014.1.1)(2014.01.01)
- Science Topology (Science of Kaga and Noto)，科学風土記（加賀・能登のサイエンス）(2013.1.11)(2013.01.11)
この記事へのトラックバック一覧です： Lead Tile and Athyrium Yokoscense，鉛瓦と蛇の寝御座(2012.12.25):