The Master of Go, 名人(2013.1.11)
Master of Go, Shusai Honninbo (1874-1940), twenty first in the Honninbo succession, played his final match (Intai Go) with Minoru Kitani (1909-1975) of the Seventh Rank .
The match began in Tokyo on June 26, 1938, at the Koyokan Restaurant in Shiba Park, and ended on December 4, in Ito, at the Dankoen Inn. A single game took almost half a year. The last play was Black 237, by the Master's appointment. His defeat by five points made quite clear.
A Novel, The Master of Go, 小説、名人、川端康成著．
(Literature cited) The Master of Go: a novel by Yasunari Kawabata; Translated from the Japanese by Edward G. Seidensticker, ALFRED A. KNOPF, INC.(1972). 名人、川端康成著、英訳．
The final match of Shusai Honninbo, Master of Go、本因坊秀哉名人の引退碁： http://kanazawa-sakurada.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/12/43.html．
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2016.1.1)(2016.01.01)
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2015.1.1)(2015.01.01)
- Snow hanging in Kenrokuen Garden， 兼六園の雪吊り(2013.1.4)(2013.01.04)
- the New Year's greetings, 年賀(2014.1.1)(2014.01.01)
- Science Topology (Science of Kaga and Noto)，科学風土記（加賀・能登のサイエンス）(2013.1.11)(2013.01.11)
この記事へのトラックバック一覧です： The Master of Go, 名人(2013.1.11):